Slow and Easy Chinese Conversation for Beginners

by taiwanme Topics: TAIWANME LANGUAGE

Finally, a slow Chinese conversation that is easy to learn from. If there is one obstacle notorious for new Chinese learners, it’s understanding the fast pace mandarin spoken by native Chinese speakers.

Thankfully, thanks to Slow & Clear Chinese on YouTube, we now have clear, slow and useful Chinese with great vocabulary for beginners. Have a look at the following video and then read the Pinyin, Hanzi, and English vocabulary breakdown below.

 

It’s recommended you watch, re-watch, re-re-rewatch and re-re-re-watch ad infinitum. Grasping fluent Chinese is a hard slog, you need to keep watching the same content over and over to master the basics. Only after this point is learning the harder (and more obscure) Chinese words easy to do.


Vocabulary

wǒ jiā fùjìn yǒu yí gè hěn dà de chāoshì
我家附近有一个很大的超市
Close to my house there is a really big supermarket

zhège chāoshì shénme dōu yǒu
这个超市什么都有
This supermarket has everything

lǐmiàn fēicháng dà, yǒu hǎo jǐ céng
里面非常大,有好几层
It’s huge inside, and has several floors

shàng gè zhōumò wǒ xiǎng zuòfàn
上个周末我想做饭
Last weekend I wanted to cook

dànshì méiyǒu ròu
但是没有肉
But I didn’t have any meat

suǒyǐ, wǒ jiù qù chāoshì mǎi ròu
所以,我就去超市买肉
So, I went to the supermarket to buy some meat

dànshì jìnle zhīhòu, fāxiàn lǐmiàn yǒu hěn duō hǎo dōngxi
但是进了之后,发现 里面有很多好东西
But once inside, I discovered there were so many good things

nàme duō hǎo chī de! érqiě yǒu hěn duō hěn yǒuyòng de dōngxi
那么多好吃的!而且有很多很有用的东西
So many tasty things! And also many really useful things.

hěn kuài, wǒ de gòuwùchē mǎn le
很快,我的 购物车满了
Very quickly my shopping trolley was full

wǒ bǎ chē tuī dào shōuyíntái
我把车推到收银台
I pushed the trolley to the checkout

yīnwèi dōngxi hěn duō, suǒyǐ xūyào mǎi sì gè dàizi
因为东西很多,所以需要买四个袋子
Because there were so many things, I needed to buy 4 bags

shōuyínyuán shuō “liùbǎi qīshíwǔ kuài”
收银员说”六百七十五块”
Because there were so many things, I needed to buy 4 bags

wǒ hěn chījīng
我很吃惊
I was shocked

wǒ zěnme huāle nàme duō qián?
我怎么花了那么多钱?
How could I have spent so much money?

jìnqù de shíhòu zhǐshì xiǎng mǎi diǎnr ròu!
进去的时候只 是想买点儿肉!
When I went in I only wanted to buy some meat

wǒ de jiā lí chāoshì hěn jìn
我的家离超市很近
My house is very close to the supermarket

zǒulù dàgài wǔ fēnzhōng jiù dào
我的家离超市很近
Walking only takes about 5 minutes

dànshì nà tiān wǒ yǒu sì gè hěn zhòng hěn zhòng de gòuwùdài
但是那天我有四个 很重很重的购物袋
But that day I had 4 really heavy shopping bags

tài zhòng le!
太重了!
They were too heavy!

zǒule jǐ bù hòu, zhǐ néng bǎ dàizi fàngxià
走了几步后,只能把袋子放下
After a few steps I had to put the bags down

xiūxiwán zhīhòu, zài zǒu jǐ bù
休息完之后,再走几步
After resting, I’d walk another few steps

ránhòu yòu bǎ dàizi fàngxià
然后又把袋子放下
And then put the bags down again

zhèyàng dàgài zǒule sìshí fēnzhōng cái dào jiā
这样大概走了四十分钟才到家
I walked like this for about 40 minutes before finally getting home

dào jiā de shíhou tài lèi le, yǐjīng bù xiǎng zuò fàn le!
到家的时候太累了,已经不想做饭了!
When I got home I was so tired I didn’t want to cook anymore!


Are you learning Chinese? Find out more about the Mandarin Blueprint method.

by TaiwanMe.com | info@taiwanme.com